Maxi Cosi Opal Black Raven Group 0+/1 Car Seat
Children grow up fast and before you know it, your baby will be a toddler. The Maxi-Cosi Opal baby/toddler combination car seat takes your child from birth all the way to 3.5 years in complete comfort and safety. Its ingenious design provides extra legroom and adjustability in height and width. This offers your baby the safety of rearward facing travel for a longer period of time. When the time is right, the Opal car seat turns to face forward, simply using the same belt routing as in the rearward facing position. This seat is designed with babies with Hip Dysplasia in mind.
Luxuriously padded, Opal adjusts from sitting to sleeping for the most enjoyable of journeys. Long-lasting value car seat, it is first used as a rearward facing baby car seat from birth to approx. 15/18 months for extra head & neck protection (This is 3 to 6 months longer than infant carriers). Then Opal can be easily & safely turns to face forward, simply by using a switching device.
- Can be used rearward facing from birth up to 13kgs and forward-facing from 13kgs up to 18kgs.
- Installation with a 3-point seat belt
- The unique angle on the base of the seat offers baby extra legroom so they can travel rearward-facing in complete safety and comfort for longer.
- Two-position, one-click base makes it quick to switch from rearward to forward-facing.
- Same belt routing in both rearward and forward facing positions to help prevent incorrect fitting.
- Padded and spacious seat with five reclining positions (in forward-facing mode)
- Height-adjustable headrest and harness
- Width adjustable so the seat grows with your child
- Harness strap retention hooks
- Side Protection System offers optimal protection against side impact
- Unique angle base offers optimum recline for optimal comfort in rearward facing position
- Belt tensioner usable in both rearward and forward facing positions to ensure extremely secure installation
- Includes support pillow for younger babies and easily removable and washable cover
- In the below video you can see how to install your Opal car seat for Hip Dysplasia